At Trinity, we align with the Evangelical Covenant Church in affirming the historic creeds of the Christian Church, while remaining a non-confessional denomination and church. What does this mean? It means that we believe the Bible is the word of God and the “only perfect rule for faith, doctrine and conduct” while also leaving room for Christian freedom in non-salvific matters. We seek to know God through God’s Word by reading Scripture faithfully, communally, rigorously, charitably, and holistically. We do this, and all things, with grace and love. Our hope is to partner together around mission, not around doctrine.
The Evangelical Covenant Church is:
- Evangelical, but not exclusive
- Biblical, but not doctrinaire
- Traditional, but not rigid
- Congregational, but not independent
Although we are non-confessional, Trinity ECC aligns itself with the Evangelical Covenant Church’s Affirmations of Faith. Those affirmations are:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
Read more on the ECC’s Affirmations of Faith.